Swap Fun

I just sent out a swap package to my partner in the Apron Extravaganza Swap.  I had some hexies laying around that were begging for a good home.  So, I designed a tea cozy to put them on.

tea cozy front

tea cozy back


I added a gusset and hand stitched the edge to make it stand out a bit more.
tea cozy gusset handsewing


And, a pieced lining.  The batting is doubled to keep the tea extra cozy (but the gussets are single layer so they would fold better).
tea cozy lining


My swapee has a young baby, so a bib seemed like the perfect kitchen swap extra (this is JCasa's Best Bib pattern).  The blue gingham ribbon is awfully cute...
swap extras


...and the cards are stamped with my carved sewing machine stamp.
handmade stamp for cards

Whew! I have some exciting things coming up next week, so it is a relief to get this swap done early. I'll be sure to post a pic of my swap items when they get here.


P.S.--If you want to get in on some sewing swap fun, I just joined the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap on flickr. It is full of talented ladies and sign ups close April 8th.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the bib! Those colors are perfect!

melissa said...

what a wonderful swap package you're sending out!
that tea cozie is amazing. i especially love the little fox-hexie.

and that bib - love it!!!

verykerryberry said...

What a lovely package for your partner. I love the tea cosy, the extra side bits make a great shape and the bib is a lovely extra too!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)