Swaptastic

I had deadlines for three swaps in mid-May.  The first one is part of the 3x6 Bee.  In that bee, the participants are split up into groups of seven with one caretaker and six others.  You then make six of the same block in each person's preferred colors and you receive six different blocks in your colors.  The people in that bee get shuffled around each quarter but the caretakers never get blocks from the other caretakers.  So, this is the first quarter that the caretakers are making one special block for another caretaker.  I pondered the design for a month.  And Penny taught me the skills at her workshop in April.  So, here it is:

caretaker swap


I also sent some fabric scraps in my partner's preferred colors.

And.....you'll have to be patient to see the other two swap packages :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Fantastic!! (Sadly, not my colors, but what a great block!)

Amanda Jean said...

that block is impressive!

sewtakeahike said...

it really looks amazing, Melinda! I love your design and the scrappy look to it. You have one very lucky partner!

tusen said...

the block is great and I love the colour combination.

melissa said...

wow. i am continuously blown away by your quilting skills - but i think this one takes the cake! that six is just amazing!

YOU are amazing!!

audreypawdrey said...

This turned out so great! I love it!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)